Saturday, July 10, 2010

Ric Rac Paddywhack








Hey Girls,

Burning issue here~ need your input! I've been getting a lot of requests for this style of 1940s sundress, and I FINALLY tracked down a pattern on ebay (I guess I wasn't the only one hunting), and whipped up this sample dress for myself. These dresses usually feature ric rac trim and cute pockets, and either button up the back or have a zipper. They typically have a sash. I was inspired to use the denim/feedsack combo, I think it turned out cute, what do you think? I like how the straps look with the piping. It kind of has a 70s folksy vibe, but I think that's cool! All styles are connected somehow throughout the decades anyhoo.

So should I keep it ric rac free, or use the trim, and in white, or the teal?

I'll be sure to post some final pics of me actually wearing it as soon as it's done! Thanks in advance for your advice!

9 comments:

  1. It looks great! I love the combination of the denim feedsack!
    I vote rick rac free, but if you do go with ric rac I would say the white would be my choice of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it with the white ric rac! =D It's so cute.
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh Kim...I love it. I like the white ric rac, gives it more contrast. Adorable. Did you get my PayPal?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wait, missed the white ric rac, it looks good! :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the kind words and advice, Gals! I think I'll rock the white and see how that works out. I think at the very least the pockets need a little something...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Miss!!

    Funny meeting you here! ;)

    I adore this dress...and the ric-rac trim is so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha ha, hi there Miss Lady!! Thanks, so glad you like the dress! I can't wait to wear it, I hardly ever make things for myself these days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. White ric rac, baby...that's the only way to go... :)

    ReplyDelete